Monday, November 4, 2013

Observation Week Two

On my second visit to my MicroAquarium after setup, much had changed.  Organisms seem to be appearing at an incredible rate.  Where at first I only saw diatoms and desmids, now I see many other organisms such as gastrotich, epilaxis (sp?), and rotifers to name a few.  Next visit will consist of finding specific species of these microorganisms and a few pictures.  Many of the gastrotrich were in the central region of the aquarium, the rotifers tend to be found more along the dirt line, and the diatoms/ desmids are found through out.  The plant life has not changed as far as my observation can tell.  However, the organisms are more varied than I named, but most were moving to quickly for me to identify.  I am hoping to be able to get a better look under the more powerful microscope on my next visit.  Most of my organisms seem to single-celled though.  A few have cilia or flagella and a few of them have chlorophyll.  I suspect there is some sort of worms, but nothing is certain at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment