Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Observation Week Three

  On my third trip to visit my MicroAquarium, I took pictures of my microorganisms to further their identification.  I found many dead diatoms, Euglena, Amoeba, Chlorella, Euplote, desmids, Paramecium, Gastrotrich, and Tachysoma.  There were no large organisms found in my MicroAquarium anywhere.  Most of my microorganisms could be found in the mid to lower region of the aquarium, but there were a few diatoms and desmids in the upper region.
  There does not seem to be any significant change in the plant life of the aquarium.  There is a wide variety of microorganisms living in my MicroAquarium; however, there are just as many mobile organisms as immobile. There are a few chlorophyll containing organisms.
  Below are two of the three images taken on my visit.  The third will be uploaded with my next blog entry because there were some technical issues.

Figure 1. (Pennack, 1978)

Figure 2. (Patterson, 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment